Tuesday, April 12, 2016

More all the stuffs, Pt. 2--The Positive Stuff

Everyone has been gone since about the 3rd of April. It's been just me and the kid. I was worried. I was worried that she was going to be missing everyone and it was going to be stressful.

It has been AMAZING. Oh my god. We had the best week last week. And the best weekend. And if nothing else, this past week and weekend has actually made me want tenure more because that will mean more time with her. I was bemoaning that if I didn't have so much to do on the Tuesdays and Thursdays I have off we could play hooky and do more stuff. That is my goal. Seriously, our time together has been so wonderful that it brings tears to my eyes. Yes, I know that makes me sound like a WE movie, but still. Sadly, for me, it will be our only weekend alone, just the two of us. My sister is coming this weekend to watch Magpie so I can go to a meeting most of the day Saturday and not have to take Mags. And last week I told her she could come up every weekend if she wanted to (because her husband will be busy and not home), and I hate to say that I regret that now because I want my alone time with Magpie. I thought the weekend was going to be rough, and it wasn't. At all. I had such little faith in us.

My aunt is coming in next week to watch Magpie in the evenings so I can attend the faculty research thing and go to the Shakespeare day keynote, and not have to have the Mags tag along.

And I was a little stressed out for myself last week because I was worried about working out and the food situation--with my schedule that my boss gave me, it's hard to cook on the days I work. There's no time between the time I pick up Mags and the time she goes to bed, and it's especially difficult if she needs a bath. Also, there's no time for me to work out five of the days of the week with no one to watch her (I work out at 5 am MWF, but can't do that now). However, I had forgotten that our box has a food service thing and you can order healthy meals and pick them up on Mondays, so I did that for this week. And then I forgot that I had In$anity! For three years I've forgotten about this, which would have solved many things for me. So now I can just work out at home! I might lose some weight in my lifts, but it will help with the cardio and body weight stuff, so that's good. I was worried about going a month without anything.

There's more positive stuff I think, but the kid is up. The big one though is just how wonderful it has been with just me and her. It melts my heart how so fantastic these last 10 days have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment