Monday, July 11, 2016

The new schedule does not work.

We were going to try a new schedule.

It turns out that it doesn't work for me. At all.

Here's what I was trying to do: get up at my normal workout time and instead of going to work out, read/write during that time. Then after my mom got back from her work out and the kid got up, then I'd go work out and then be done with everything by like 11 am.

So far, that has not happened for various reasons.

1. I think the reason working out first thing in the morning works for me is because even though I like getting up early, it takes me a while to get going. So by working out first thing, that is the time that I need to "get going." It also sets the tone for the day. I come back feeling energized and ready to go.

2. Attempting to use this time to work has not resulted in 2-3 hours of work. No it has resulted in me still getting up early, taking seriously like 45 minutes to settle in, getting an hour of work in, but still by the time the kid gets up I've been up for three hours and not been very productive, and I still have a huge workout in front of me. So here it is already 9:30ish, and we are taking the kid to the pool early in the hopes that she'll have a nap, but that means I don't get to the gym until after 12. That just screws up my whole freaking day.

3. My body does not like being up early and inactive. Seriously. But I feel bad because this means that my mom doesn't get to work out with her friends at 6 if I go early. I've got to overcome my guilt.

4. Because I don't work out early, and because I feel terrible after getting up early and reading (but not being productive really), that makes me grumpy when the kid gets up. It also, even though this schedule was supposed to allow me more time with her, has actually meant less time with her, and that has led to a slight regression in her potty training because she is feeling neglected by me.

5. I think for the sake of everyone, I need to be able to work out early in the a.m. This may also mean that I do actually need to go check out the 24 hour gym so that I can get to my workout early enough so that it works for everyone.

I have also learned this weekend that tequila mix does not work for me at all either. Actually, one thing that I've noticed over the past few weeks is that alcohol in general does not agree with me anymore. I had one mild margarita last night, like not even 4oz margarita, and I had the same on Saturday, and let me tell you, yesterday and today have found me in foul moods, exhausted, despite lots of sleep both nights, and just grumpy and annoyed with the world. I hate that feeling. It's not productive. It doesn't help me. I hate having a scowl on my face. I'm seriously mad at the world right now.

I've made some pretty healthy lifestyle changes this summer. I've done pretty good. But lately, sugar and alcohol (both of which I have little of) seem to be affecting me disproportionately to what I'm used to. I'm done.

I'm trying not to see the rest of the day as a whole shitty day ahead of me. But seriously though, I wish I were done with my workout already. And my head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment