Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lazy Sunday

It's storming here right now. Like a torrential downpour here. And the poor J is out running a half marathon in this. I got to see him at mile 2.5 as he ran past the front of the neighborhood just before the storm got really bad. I went out there in a rain coat, rain boots, and my pjs which are now drying out on the bed. It is a miserable day for a race out there! Poor guy. It's a small race, and he's pretty far up in the pack though, so hopefully he'll get done soon and be able to dry out before he's got to travel a few hours for some military school he has to attend this week. Normally, I'd be running this with him. But pregnancy is the most perfect excuse not to do this. Hopefully the Mardi Gras marathon in a couple of weeks will be nice weather and all that business for me. And I'm just walking it, or rather waddling it might be a more accurate description as to what might be happening there.

Since we have a bit of a break this week, I'm actually sort of at a loss for what to do with myself today. There's the office that needs to be tended to. There's some reading I can do for class, for fun, for a conference paper. But what is throwing me for a loop right now is that I'm so used to being stressed out on Sunday mornings with grading, reading, and prepping hanging over my head, plus the travel time to the g'parents that since none of those things are happening today (because of the J's race and then his having to travel), I'm sort of at a loss. There's plenty to do, but not anything that *needs* to be done today. And I'm hoping to be productive this week with the J gone, although historically I don't get things done with the J gone because I get depressed that he's gone, but I have higher hopes this time because I'm actually feeling motivated! Believe it or not! Or maybe that's because it's still morning time that I am. I'm surprised because I didn't sleep for anything last night.

Maybe it's because I only have one thing, and it's a big thing, but it's only one thing that I want to accomplish over the next three days--working on the office. That's it. I've got to get it into enough shape to be able to turn it into a guest room so that when we buy our new bigger bed, provided that there's enough money from a tax return to do so, although we will have to buy one soon anyway if my parents are planning on spending extended periods of time here when the kid gets here, then we need a place for the current bed to go. So that really does need to get done. It will mostly involve shredding, going through stuff to be trashed or donated (unfortunately around here, recycling is not an option). It will involve some mild rearranging of furniture, but stuff I can handle. But that's it. I don't have some big huge list of things that need to get done. Just the one thing and one thing only. Sure, I have about 50 or 60 pages to finish up reading for Thursday, but that will be easy. I'm not worried. But I do have to make a concerted effort, every morning because that's when I have the most energy (and the J will be gone, I don't have to worry about waking him up) because it really needs to get done so that I can exploit parental labor for when it comes time to get the nursery set up.

And I need to do the taxes, too.

But yay for break! And maybe some sleep! And at least perhaps some relaxing.

1 comment:

  1. Office organizing sounds pretty fun, actually. Have a lovely rainy day!

    ReplyDelete