Monday, September 8, 2014

Wow, start of the quarter and I'm woefully behind already I feel like. I had a grand list of things to get done this weekend, and very few of them happened which means I'm not ahead (so I may as well be behind, honestly because it's a short trip from where I need to be to being way back). The Magpie has some teeth coming in so she is not sleeping--no nap on Saturday, only one hour on Sunday, and she didn't quite make 12 hours last night and was up at 6 this morning, so it's really put a kink in what I needed to get done for work and in terms of the house/life.

Sigh.

And yes, it's true. I need to be working right now, but I'm eating, and I've got stuff in my brain to get out before I pick my work back up.

I have placed and enormous amount of pressure on myself for what needs to be done by October. In some ways, that pressure is already shutting me down. But in other ways, it's motivating me. I have a plan of attack. What shuts me down is when the plan has a hitch. I don't adapt very well. But I'm working on it. I'll keep you updated. I won't write down what I'm working on because to look at the list of things to do might shut me down for the day. I have to think about it in the abstract right now.

One of the reasons for the push is that the parents will be gone for October, so I've got to learn to get organized. One of the problems is that I don't have to be organized right now because the parents are still here picking up the slack. Sometimes though the J and I do better on our own when the parents are gone. I think we're going to be okay. It is nice though to have someone else worrying about the dinner and the laundry. At least mom gets a rest now that Magpie is in daycare.

I am looking forward though to us being on our own as parents, even though I'm eternally thankful for the help and support we've gotten from my parents. That's hard to come by. And I'm sure my parents need the break, too. But it might be nice for me, the J, and the Magpie to have some time together.

If everything goes all right, we may be out of our house in Home City by November. Fingers crossed! We got a verbal offer on the house; written one should come Wednesday. Our relator who is working tirelessly on this got us a good deal. We are getting out of the house without paying a dime, so that will be a huge burden off our shoulders and more money in the bank. I'm a little sad--I mean, it marks the end of an era, but it's for the best, and it's really good for us.

I have more to say, but I feel like I'm at a good enough place now so that I can focus on some work until I have to go teach. Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. You can do it! And I totally get not writing a long list that just overwhelms at sets you back. In fact, there's a whole organization guru who says just think of the three things you want to get done in any given day and try to get one done as early as possible -- because that gives you a lift that makes it possible to get the others done!

    ReplyDelete