Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I don't want to just be staying afloat; I'd rather be sailing.

I am really really stressed out these last couple of days. I didn't get as much done this weekend as I had hoped because I'm still a tad bit under the weather, and it's got me really down. And because I didn't feel good at all last week, we had pizza, and the mass amounts of gluten in the pizza have really seriously depressed me. It is an instant mood changer. Seriously. It's alarming how much of an effect it has had on my mental well-being. I'm just not myself.

Also, I've decided to cut back/give up coffee/caffeine this time around on the Whole 30. I had already started cutting back, but I'm going to go whole hog this time. It's been nothing but decaf all week thus far. Today I had two point five cups of decaf because I was up at 4 and started grading at 4:30 this morning. And really, it's more about the heat and the comfort. I started doing it this week so that way I'm not a total holy hell of a mess next week when I give up alcohol for another 30 days, too. I told you, I want to win this challenge!

All this is to say that being down and without the caffeine, well, I have a pretty low amount of energy this week in all aspects of my life here. Getting sick just really threw me for a loop. Now I'm stressed and behind on lots of things. It's a freaking struggle to get caught up. I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants all the time. I don't like feeling that way at all. It stresses me out even more!

The plan for the remainder of the evening is get the meat part of dinner prepped before I sit down and conk out. Then I will read until it's time to make the dinner, and then I will pass out after dinner. I'd like to sleep in tomorrow and not have to get up at 4 again to get the rest of my work done. But, that is a very real possibility. Truth be told, I might get some take out tonight. I've got to not have another week where I'm flying by the seat of my pants with the reading and the grading here. I've got to get more on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment