Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nothing Exciting Here.

Wow, it's been a while it feels like since I've posted. Last week? Longer?

The Pedialyte is helping with the dehydration. And for someone who drinks a lot of water, it seems weird to me that I'm not drinking enough. The J even bought me Pedialyte freezie pops (he usually gets them for me when I have the flu). Look, forget Gatorade or Powerade or anything else like that. Pedialyte is what you want when you're a) sick, b) dehydrated, or c) when it's a million degrees out.

My eyeglasses that I ordered are still in customs hell. Did I tell you they were going to replace them--the company--just make me a new pair, and resend them and then if I ever got the other ones to send them back. My frames are now out of stock. I had to pick an alternate. I was PISSED! I got them yesterday. Turns out they might be the cutest best pair of glasses I've ever had. They may be better than the original pair I picked out. I'm still waiting on all my refunds to go through, but now it makes it hard to hate the company like I should because it's just been one thing after another for the month it's taken me to get my glasses (and not even the right pair), but my glasses are perfect. And I look absolutely, positively adorable in them. And I never ever think I look adorable. And I know I do, because I have never gotten so many "likes" or comments on any picture of myself I've ever posted on FB, and that includes my wedding pictures. These are keepers. And I did seriously need the ego boost yesterday afternoon.

The quarter is almost over. I only have two actual teaching days left. I still have six days of class left, but the survey class is basically done. We're finishing up the movie tomorrow. On Monday they have their group review for extra credit, and then Wednesday is the in-class final. In the novel class, we talk about the book today and Tuesday, and then next Thursday we're watching the silent film adaptation of the novel with which we're finishing. However, while the teaching is light, this doesn't mean that the grading is. The grading is on now. Yesterday the last of the lit analyses came in for the survey class. Tomorrow, take home finals should start coming in (I offer them extra credit to turn it in the Friday before it's due because it works out better for me*). Monday is when the exam is due. Tuesday the novel class turns in their last critical analysis. Wednesday is the in-class final for the survey class, and then Thursday, finally, the novel class turns in their research papers. I do feel like the majority of this can be knocked out during my office hours, thus eliminating the need to bring much of this home with me. I've been very good this quarter about limiting my grading to my office hours. It works out better for my stress level. And then, we get to go out of town. It will be nice to get out of town for a week. I can't wait.

Anyway, so that's it. Nothing exciting happening in these parts. And I guess I should go get ready for my workout. Have a great day folks!

*why not just make it due Friday rather than Monday if it works out better to grade over the weekend you might ask? Because not everyone takes advantage of the early turn in, so it means that I roughly get about half of them, and it's less stressful to think about grading 30 exams on a Friday afternoon and Saturday morning than to think about grading 60 of them. It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment