Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello folks! Anyone still there? Sorry for the radio silence. And sorry for when I break radio silence it's been to rant lately. Or complain about yet another illness. Needless to say, I'm glad to put this quarter to rest. Although, while I am glad that the quarter is over, I am beginning to miss semesters. Truly. Mostly because I want/need more than two weeks for winter break. But anyway.

So there's some unbloggable stuff going on here, too, which is part of the reason for the radio silence because I know myself, and I have a hard time not keeping my mouth shut, so it's best for me to not put myself in a position where I might say something I should not.

Aside from all the illnesses, I think this quarter has been a decent one. I'm glad to be putting it to bed though and excited for the coming quarter, both in terms of my schedule and what I'm teaching and with renewed energy, at least right now, for some research projects. Our panel for this conference got accepted, so I'm totally freaking and completely geeked about that! I can't freaking wait for that one!

I'm already looking forward for Christmas/Winter break though in having some time during the day while the husband is at work to work on some organizing and cleaning, to spend some time baking and cooking and experimenting with some new recipes, to try to get some stuff sold on the local on-line "garage sale," and read. While I know both of our families are disappointed that we're not going to spend the entire two weeks traveling from place to another (and seriously when has anyone come to see US during the holidays? why hasn't anyone? To quote my sister, "do you know what a hassle that is?" Yes, yes we do, but apparently that hassle doesn't matter if it doesn't affect anyone else, but anyway...), I'm glad to be staying put for another Christmas. And while it would be nice if the J did have two weeks off, too, I'm sort of glad for the time during the days to myself so that I can read and work and try to get stuff done. If he were around, we'd end up watching movies and going to the movies and not getting anything around the house accomplished, which is fine, but there are things that need to be done for once and for all over break. At least I have a real shot of getting things done. What I need to do is make a to do list of all that needs to be accomplished so I can stay on track. The goal is to spend week one doing the house stuff and week two relaxing. We'll see how that works out.

We're in Home City right now for another day or two. The husband gave me the choice of Thanksgiving or Christmas travel, and I chose Thanksgiving a) because I want my two weeks to myself without travel, and b) there's less of a chance of us getting snowed in and stuck during Thanksgiving here than Christmas, and as I mentioned, I really just like staying put during Christmas (especially since I don't get five weeks of break anymore).

I hope everyone has had a nice and relaxing Thanksgiving break, and for those of you on semesters, I hope the remainder of the semester goes smoothly for you when you get back. We start all over again on Wednesday, so I'm hoping for a smooth Winter quarter in these parts.

Have a good weekend all!




No comments:

Post a Comment