Saturday, November 3, 2012

One day, this quarter will be over and I will get some rest

I am, I believe now, officially behind on grading. I've had the novel class's critical analyses for over a week now.

And I took the week off again in the afternoons.

I appear to be getting lazy.

No, I'll cut myself some more slack than that. I had no idea that consistent dehydration would have this kind of impact on my body--the tiredness. I even bought some pedialyte, which seems to have helped, but still.

Anyway, this quarter, when I come home from class, I crash. I don't know what's going on in my immune system that whatever I got in September still lingers. There have been tests run. I have no infection or other things that might cause exhaustion or sickness other than dehydration. And there's nothing wrong with my kidneys either. So even though I think I drink a lot of water, perhaps I actually don't drink as much as I think I do since I keep the house cool. I've had to cut back on the caffeine and alcohol, so whatever. If I'm all dried out, I'm going to get wrinkles. Yes, this is a primary concern. However, no one seems to be worried about this issue, that is a symptom of something more serious. I've just been told to drink more water, and it seems to be up to me to decide if I need to go back to the doctor. So there you have it.

Honestly, I think I just need Thanksgiving Break. We get almost two weeks, and I intend to be done with ALL of my grading except the novel class's essays by the last day of classes so that I can enjoy the entire two weeks. I pick up the novel class's essays that day. Fortunately, there are only 12 of them in the class. My plan of attack is to grade them while I wait for the J to get home (we're going to my aunt and uncle's for the pre-Thanksgiving dinner), and then knock out the rest of them in an hour or two on Friday. If I have to spend another hour on Saturday, so be it, but I don't think it will take an obnoxious amount of time to get through these. I hope. I'm not doing what I did last Fall quarter and having a marathon grading session the day grades are due. No siree!

Anyway, that's what I need. about 12 days or so of not getting up at 4:30 or 5:00 with the J--I'm up now because it's drill weekend. And when it's J's drill weekend, it may as well be drill weekend for me, too. When he gets up at 5 on a Saturday, I'm up at five. I can't go back to sleep. It fucking sucks because I really need to sleep in. And tomorrow is Daylight Savings, and I NEED that extra hour; I need all the sleeping in I can get on the weekends, but nope. Now I'm cranky just thinking about it.

We are going out of town for Thanksgiving. We'll go to my aunt's, come home, pick up the mutts and then head to Home City. I wasn't sure I wanted to travel during Thanksgiving, but if we didn't, then the J would be working, and that means I'd get no sleep during break either. And that means I'd be totally exhausted by Christmas, and that was his second choice to travel, and I don't want to travel during Christmas really (although I might get a white Christmas in Home City and it might feel more like Christmas there), but whatever. The J will still be working, so I won't get much sleeping in, but maybe I'll be able to go back to sleep if he's really quiet.

So that's it. I've got two more weeks of class left. We're watching a film on Wednesday and Friday in the lit class, so Monday is my only teaching day left for that. Next week is final review and then the final. We have one novel left in the novel class. And on the final day of class we're watching the film adaptation of that novel, so I've really got four actual teaching days left in the next two weeks. I can make this. I feel like I should start to feel better soon.

And on that note, I'll grab another cup of decaf and read or something or clean. I have peoples coming over tonight. Happy Saturday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment