Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I am tired. I'm not officially behind on grading yet, so I'm not stressing about the fact that I've not done any grading in my office yet today and probably won't do any either in the remaining 25 minutes. I'll just grade like a fiend tomorrow during my office hours.

I'm tired today. I woke up at about half past midnight, and I haven't been able to fall back asleep. And I have a bit of a food hangover. I broke the Whole30, shamefully I feel, last week because I got sick again, and you know, I just wanted some tomato soup and ginger ale. I wasn't going to win anyway, so what the hell. I regret it because since I've been sick I've been using it as an excuse to eat things that I would NEVER eat, so I feel like shit again this morning. It's my own fault. I won't complain.

Since I've been sick, and haven't you know, been to any doctor in like 2.5 years, I finally broke down and went to the doctor. She thinks I may have some kind of low grade infection, so we're waiting for the rest of the blood tests and cultures to come back. I am apparently dehydrated though. That's what one of the blood tests reported. I knew this already. My office is dry. My classrooms are dry. My house is dry. I wake up really really thirsty in the morning even if I drink water before bed. So I think she's looking into that. I thought I might have mono, but it turns out mono is rare after age 35. So there. I think that since I got sick with whatever funk was making its way around the second week of school, I just don't think it all ever went away. Now a new wave of the flu is circulating around campus, so I really should go get my flu shot before it's too late. I think I just need the end of the quarter to get here. I need good food and a break from teaching.

So I'm going to make a quick run to the grocery and then go home and get stuff ready for dinner and then I'm going to read or lay on the couch or something. I'm tired. This morning I went through my winter and summer clothes and managed to get rid of two garbage bags of clothes that I haven't worn in at least two summers or two winters. I think that's a good guideline for stuff to give to Goodwill--two years of not wearing, regardless of whether they fit or not. Besides, since I've ordered/bought a whole bunch of new clothes, I need to get rid of some old stuff.

I need a nap though.

I need a good dinner and a good night's sleep, too.

And I think that'll do it. My office hours will be over by the time I shut everything down.

No comments:

Post a Comment