Friday, October 12, 2012

D'oh!

Argh!!

I jinxed myself!!

After finally feeling better, yo, yesterday was partly a bust! And for the first time all quarter, I couldn't sleep. At.All. I got maybe 3 or 4 hours. Not even all together. Our first HERO W.O.D. was at the box today, and since this is my rest week, and I didn't get any rest, I didn't do it--it was a really gnarly one, and I might have done more damage to myself actually if I had tried it on only 3 hours of sleep.

I have a massive headache. I have a major stomachache and an upset belly. I am grumpy as hell. And I feel like shit. Woo-hoo!

My totally BA glasses that I ordered, that I can't wait to get, they had to be sent to the manufacturer for finishing or something. Maybe it's because I ordered fancy lenses and the custom made sunglasses clip thingy (I figured what the hell. Maybe it'll look nerdy or maybe it'll be the coolest.thing.ever!)

That being said, my day yesterday went ok. Class was great. I think, especially this week with the new clothes and the new attitude toward myself, the class as a whole is picking up on my energy, and we've had some really great discussions about the text this week. I'm just more on my game now with the second half of the century I feel like. Both class periods this week went effortlessly the whole time. I had really been struggling with that, but I'm feeling better now. Plus, I think taking that extra 30-40 minutes at the *$ has made a difference, too.

Here's where I think I went wrong yesterday, which was a double-edged sword. Instead of adhering to the goal I set for myself, 15 essays a day, I just plowed through them. 35 essays yesterday. I really thought it would take me 90 minutes to get through half of them, but here's what happened. About half of them really really sucked, as in didn't even do the essay right, like did half of it, so that was easy. And they all seemed to be first in the stack. So I plowed through. I'm glad they are done so I can do the lit analyses during my office hours today, but still, my yesterday afternoon was not as energetic or positive. I was sort of grumpy by the time the J got home, too. Oh well. What's done is done. At least today is Friday, and by the time I leave the office, I will be grading free which means I can focus on cleaning and reading and cooking for the weekend and the J has drill, too, so he won't be home until tomorrow night.

So that's it. I jinxed myself. Now I have to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment