Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Exhausted!!

Done! I finished the quarter unscathed I suppose. And I met my goal of being done by 3. Actually, I finished early and got all my grades done and posted by 2 pm Friday afternoon. They are officially due today by 3:30. Nope. Not me. It has been so great not having to worry about grading all weekend and frantically working at the last minute to finish. I know many of my friends are still grading, and I feel for them, but I'm happy that my quarter ended Friday. And fortunately, I've only had one email so far regarding grade complaints, the "I can't have a C because I'll lose my funding for the summer, can you please reconsider my grade, thank you" complaint. Well, if you "can't" have a D, then you probably wanted to consider paying attention to the syllabus and absence policy. I'm sure there are lots of students who would have liked for me to ignore their absences as well. But, knock wood, that's the only one.

I am utterly exhausted though. I don't know if it's the usual let down from the end of the quarter--you know, that point where your body just sort of goes kaput after being in fight or flight mode for several days. Plus, we did a bunch of stuff around the house on Saturday and went to the G'parents on Sunday, then I had a potluck to go to, and then yesterday we did a bunch of stuff, too, so maybe it's just that I actually haven't rested yet. I was totally going to go work out before my hair appointment this morning, but I may try to get everything done and prepped this afternoon so I can work out before our friends come over for dinner tonight. And I know just last week I was talking about how working out has been so good for me lately, but the last week or so, I've just been too tired. And I haven't been sleeping that well the last few days either. But such is the nature of the beast I suppose. At least the increase bathroom breaks during the night and the even less sleep has hit when the quarter ended rather than during the quarter.

But yesterday I got all of the baby stuff washed, or all of the stuff that we have so far. The bedding is on the bed. The crib liner is up. I have to finish folding today. But I feel like, aside from a couple of big things we both need (car seat) and would like to have, we're in pretty good shape right now. And it's cute how the J is starting to "nest," too. He's done like all this organizing and assembling that I've been asking him to do (some stuff I've been nagging him about for 2 years!), and I think part of it is to avoid other things that I've been nagging him about, but it's cute.

I hate to say that I really just want to lay in bed all day. It's starting to really be the only comfortable position, and that sucks because I still have 6 weeks to go! Yikes! And I have stuff that I want to do and need to do in the next six weeks, but ah. Oh well. I'll do what I can. And I think I want to go lay back down before I have to go to my hair appointment.




No comments:

Post a Comment