Tuesday, February 10, 2015

So it's that point in the quarter where I'm over the quarter. I was out for a whole week with some sort of stomach flu that got worsened with food poisoning or something. Then I spent all last week every waking moment I had grading.

A former colleague's step-daughter committed suicide.

One of my uncle's died.

A colleague's father died.

My parents went home for two weeks.

The J had drill last weekend.

Magpie had diarrhea.

I'm caught up now, but damn, last week just effing sucked.

I have more grading to do right now, but I have to clear my brain first.

I'm in my office for about two hours, so I know I can get all the grading done and get it over with. But my office is really hot right now. It makes me want to take a nap instead of grading.

Since I'm all negative right now, here's some positive stuff:

I'm done with prep for the quarter so I can spend the next three weeks doing my research and writing and stuff.

The Magpie is a walking and jabbering little bundle of amazing adorableness that I cannot even comprehend. She is smart and funny and adorable and beautiful and just this amazing little creature that I'm astounded that we made her.

I'm trying very hard not to be fatalistic about the loss of contract on the house.

And one day I will get our current abode cleaned.

If I can make it through tomorrow, I will be golden.

My aunt and uncle are coming to visit this weekend, so that will be fun.

My proposal got accepted for the ALA, so that's good. Both the J and I enjoy going to that conference, and he's never been to Boston, so it'll be fun.

All right, I feel like I've cleared my head, so I'm going to knock out some grading now so that's not hanging over me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment