Thursday, February 19, 2015

Oh man, I'm so freaking grumpy today. Argh.

First, I don't know how this happened, but I forgot to eat breakfast.

Second, and again, I don't know how this happened, but I forgot to pack my snack. And I've got 4 hours of teaching in front of me.

I've been sick since Friday. Again. This time though it's like a sinus/cold/allergy thing.

The kid is still sick.

Allow me to rant about this. Obviously, it's fine that the pediatrician is on maternity leave. And good for her for being able to take three months. I'm jealous she gets that. But okay, you know, this wasn't like sudden. The office knew she was going to be gone. The other doctor knew she was going to be gone. I asked, "so when you go on maternity leave, will Magpie just see Dr. X?" Answer: yes. Okay, no big deal. Magpie has had a cough for 2-3 weeks now. And this intermittent diarrhea for almost two weeks now. But no fever. She puked the other day, but no fever. I call the pediatrician--look, no fever, but the kid is sick. There's something going on with her. I need an appointment. Answer: Uh, well, pediatrician had her baby so we're basically closed until the end of April. Dr. X isn't seeing kids without a fever over 6 mos of age. If you're worried, then just take her to Quick Care.

Me: Uh, no I don't want to take her to Quick Care. Answer: Well, that's really you're only option because Dr. X is filling in for three other practioners, so there really are no appointments available.

Me: sigh.

You know what pisses me off besides the obvious is that these people know Magpie's history. Until whatever she has is full blown, she doesn't get a fever, but I know when this kid is freaking sick, and I've only been wrong twice in her numerous times at the doctor (and we're probably at close to 100+ visits for illness in her short life time already), so I'm not some nervous mom who's like "oh no, my baby sneezed! Please it's ebola, I have to be seen!"

If it's just a lingering virus and there's nothing to be done but let it run its course, fine, but I think this warrants a dr. visit. So long story short (too late!), since her former pediatrician still doesn't have her new practice up yet, we are going somewhere new tomorrow morning and I will schlep all of her medical records I can get to the new doctor so she has some sense of the medical life of Magpie, and I don't get labeled as crazy nervous mother. I'm just so angry right now. I hope she's fine and it's nothing. But even though she's eating, her appetite is down and she's a bit fussy, which isn't her, and well, I am a nervous worrier, so hopefully it's nothing. Maybe she misses her grandparents. Maybe it's stress. I don't know.

I love that kid, though. I let her play hookey from school yesterday because I had the day off (and she puked on Tuesday), and I just wanted to hangout with her and have pajama time and story time and cuddle time and Magpie time.

Thanks for letting me vent. I guess I have to go teach now.

No comments:

Post a Comment