Tuesday, January 12, 2016

More wrenches

As the kid is making signs of awakening, I think, I thought I'd get a quick post in because I don't think I have enough time to work through another essay in its entirety before she fully awakes.

It turns out now that the hubs will be able to come home every night even though he has to leave at like 4:15 in the morning for the next week. Our new issue however is a sick toddler with a fever who can't go to school and I with no babysitter will be staying home with her since the hubs is not an option this week to help out. My intent was to get up with him and start working, but I slept through all of that (I guess I needed it). I've gotten some work done this morning for my classes, but not nearly enough. There is so much to do this week that being tethered to the house with a sick toddler is not the most ideal of situations here. Most of me is grateful for the cuddle time with her. However, it does get to be exhausting being the sole caregiver (I have no idea how single parents do it and stay sane) when there is a mound of work to be done and deadlines to be met. If I can manage to get decent sleep, I'll be okay.

The essays I'm grading are taking far longer than they should for some reason, Perhaps it's because it's the on-line class and I know most of them can't just pop into my office, so I've got to spend more time on the comments. Much of my grading time was sucked up this morning by doing things for the classes on-line so we don't get behind because pushing things back isn't an option since I did that once last week when I was really sick.

I repeat: I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment