Monday, January 11, 2016

The Best Laid Plans and the Wrenches in Them

Well, okay. I have a quick couple of minutes here.

I've gotten through some of the work that needs to be done, at least related to my classes. The hubs has been called up for flood duty with the Guard, and well, he's now gone indefinitely, so it's just me and the Magpie. I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle this on my own. I guess the blessing is the on-line class which work heavy as it is, it does not require me to be on campus those extra four hours a week which frees up time to get other things done that I won't be able to do during the weekend because it will be just me and the kid, for possibly three weeks. It might not be that long, but it very well could be until the end of the month.

I am, however, regardless of what it means for grading, for my office hours, whatever, I am going to work out this week though. It actually means I'll be late to my office hours tomorrow and Thursday because I can't work out until I drop the kid off at daycare, but honestly, I feel like the only way I'm going to get everything done and not lose my $hit is to actually work out. I contemplated not going today and just trying to finish grading. But I feel like I'm going to spend all afternoon grading anyway, so I think both mentally and physically I will benefit more from working out rather than not working out.

I didn't get the stuff done that needed to get done during my office hours because I was chatting with a colleague, and one who feels I'm distant and defensive and who will be on my committee, so I need to rebuild that relationship. Campaigning is exhausting. But, regardless, I think that things will go so much more smoothly for me in terms of stress and sanity if I get the work outs in this week, especially since I won't be able to work out at all this weekend. The kid doesn't really like going to crossfit if she has to sit still. It's a big place; she likes to run around, and well, that's not safe if I'm working out.

I will just keep saying: I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. If I can work out and get sleep, I can do this. And even if those things don't happen, I can still do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment