Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oh Sunday...

Oy. Even though I posted yesterday about how I was actually jazzed up about the summer quarter and the fresh new crop of froshes for this particular class, it's Sunday, and I don't wanna do any work. I will later, but not right now.

Last night we went to a birthday party for a three year old. I have no idea if she like the gift we gave her. I'm not good at picking out birthday presents for kids. Anyway, we were not expecting there to be food beyond hors d'oevres (sp?) and the like so we got stuff for dinner. Holy Moly! The most enormous beef kabobs I'd ever seen were served! Wow! And this amazing wine punch! And curry that was out of this world! So we were like "sweet! tonight's dinner will become tomorrow's and we just pushed the food budget a little further here!" And then.... we got invited to a friend's for a little early Sunday evening grilling for tonight! Oh happy day! Food budget gets stretched even further! So now it looks like I won't have to go back to the grocery until maybe next Sunday or Monday! Yay! Because in spite of the fact that I just ordered some shorts, we are trying to be frugal so we can survive the summer. To be fair, they were shorts that I had my eye on, I need another pair of good shorts, and they were 50% off! And I did put back all the other things I had in my cart and bought only the shorts. And got the cheapest shipping possible.

I think I have gotten our grocery spending down to about $100/wk which means that the husband's GI Bill for one month should last about two. And while he's at drill, I can save even more $ on the food budget.

My plans for sleeping in this morning were thwarted once again by the Divine Miss T's "I need to go pee" pacing. But oh well. I think I got a good 8 hours anyway, so it's fine.

I've got work to do today, but I refuse to do it until I've had my coffee and do some pleasure reading and work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment