Sunday, June 24, 2012

Update

Taking Friday off and going to the movies after class was a great idea. Sure, I was exhausted Friday, and probably less than enthusiastic about going to the movies than I normally am (considering I had been waiting for months for this!--it was great, btw. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Really well done I thought). But, I came home, caught up on some DVRd shows, had some leftovers, lounged, and went to bed early. Glorious. I woke up yesterday feeling well rested for the first time in a looooooooong time. I worked out for the first time since Tuesday and was not wiped out by it. Helped a friend with his moving (barely. I'm a loser. Since I hadn't been feeling well all week, I gave myself permission to take my time getting going yesterday. And I really wanted to run. By the time I got there, there was little left for me to help with). Anyway, picked up a few things at the grocery, came home, vegged some more, and then opened a bottle of wine, straightened up the kitchen then started working on dinner and prepping tonight's meal. And I got a pretty good night's sleep last night, too. I'll work out here in a little bit, go the g'parents', hope that the husband gets home at a decent hour this afternoon, and I'll read what I'm teaching tomorrow before bed. I've taught it twice already, so it's not anything major. And tomorrow I'll start working on those essays.

What a difference two nights of sleep make. Friday night, because I had pain in my neck, I thought for sure, with the exhaustion and all that I must have mono. When I woke up feeling rested yesterday morning, I figured that's probably not the case.

I hope I'm on the upswing here. Only 1.5 weeks of class left to go and an article due next Monday. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment