Friday, September 27, 2013

Can't shake the blues

It's Friday. I have a ton of grading from Monday that I haven't even looked at yet. I have a stack coming in Tuesday and another coming in Wednesday. I just can't focus this week on all of that. It's been a really long week. I'm exhausted. It's been a struggle just to get the reading done, let alone think about grading. At some point though it's going to have to happen. Maybe I can take a nap after lunch and then get a few graded this afternoon, although honestly, more likely what's going to happen is I'm going to start working on the Monday while the freshmen are working on their drafts. I just can't get organized or focus enough to start grading when I know I only have one office hour. I'm sure I could accomplish quite a bit, but I just don't want to and don't care right now. I know that sounds horrible, but truth be told, I'm terribly depressed this week, and it's hard to get anything going right now. I just can't focus. And I don't want to do anything resembling work this weekend. I want to hang out with the J and Magpie. I'm just so tired and so emotionally drained right now.

I feel like I'm starting to get really depressed. I think it will get better with some sleep, like if I got a couple of good nights my mood would dramatically improve, but I don't know when that will be. I'm really hoping that we have the formula by next Wednesday. The J and I are both very optimistic that the formula is going to fix a lot of her issues. It just can't get here soon enough for us to give it a shot. But even that takes two full weeks before it really starts working on the gas problem, but I guess it takes that long probably for her body to fully adjust to it and really get all of the milk proteins out.

Also, completely unrelated, but I don't really like my hair. I need to change it, but I don't know what to do with it. And since I haven't been to CF in a week, I'm just feeling blah and such.

So there we are. I'm going to go home, eat, and nap hopefully. Also, I think I am really very much more upset about this probably being the end of breastfeeding than I was letting on. When I think about it, I tear up. So enough of that.

Have a good weekend all.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to de lurk and say that I hope the formula comes quickly and it helps

    ReplyDelete