Monday, September 30, 2013

Plugging away.

I am still avoiding grading, but it has to get done by tomorrow afternoon, so I will get some done this morning, and if I have to work in the afternoon today, then I will. I assume the Magpie will be asleep because she slept for hours after the last time she got blood drawn, so I hope she sleeps again after that this afternoon.

Here's an update on her. Horrible horrible days Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday. The pediatrician met us at her office on Saturday to give us all the specialty/prescription formula she had so we could get her started on it right away. And she's responding well. Still some problems. I think we were hoping for a miracle because all the things I read about babies being on the specialty formulas or the hypoallergenic formulas involve changes overnight. I think it's going to be two weeks before we really see the what what here. But overall, she seems to be improving. Today, we start allergy testing. The pediatrician suspects corn, soy, and milk. If it turns out to be a those three, then we have a long road ahead of us simply because I produce milk and formulas are filled with corn syrup. There's one that's non-GMO corn and soy oil free, it's just a matter of getting it. But we'll wait and see. Anyway, this means that the little girl has to get blood drawn again (today I believe--I think we'll get the order today and then just go right to the hospital), and they take the blood from her head, so it's painful to watch, and then that's why she sleeps like she does. She usually passes out from the pain. Or she did last time. I think I'm getting more sleep, but she wouldn't sleep on her back last night--her reflux was too bad, so she had to sleep upright on the J. I hated getting frustrated with her because I could hear the reflux, so I know she was uncomfortable, but le sigh. I guess that's enough for now. I'm going to start grading.

I hope we can get this resolved soon. We all, including the Magpie, need some consistency here. She is so tired and miserable. But we've had some much better waking moments since starting the prescription formula. We even got our first sustained giggle on Sunday! My dad just makes her laugh. It's too precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment