Friday, August 8, 2014

I am starting now to feel the pressure of the end of summer. In the beginning of the week it was still the beginning of August. Now it feels so dangerously close to mid-August that I can barely keep myself under control here.

I may need to find a shrink here soon.

I'm mourning the loss of many things this summer. My grandfather. My beloved Divine Miss T. Magpie's transition from infant to baby to just about a toddler. Magpie's starting daycare, which means after a year of my parents living here with us they'll be heading home, and I don't really like that at all. Neither does the J. Sure, we want to have time to ourselves, but we actually like my parents being here. I'm mourning the loss of summer and all of the things that didn't get done, but need to still get done. And I can't tell if I actually find myself at a crossroads or if I'm just depressed or if it's a little bit of both. I cannot seem to successfully organize my time properly and accomplish things. I spend too much money (and part of that is because I'm depressed, and when I'm depressed, I buy things). My computer is full of crap that I need to delete, but I'm a digital hoarder and I'm deathly afraid of losing pictures and stuff. I believe they're all on shutterfly. I need to also move them to google drive and onto DVD and make copies of them. And I need to go through where I have duplicates and get rid of those so my computer doesn't shut down on me again. These are the things cluttering my brain.

I have also found that lately FB makes me hate all the things, including all the people. I deleted the app from my phone. I have found google+ a much friendlier place to be. I do not like to be so misanthropic.

I went against my better judgment and said it was okay for Magpie to have fruit at daycare. (I provide her food because of her severe sensitivities).  I didn't think about it being canned fruit. She had diarrhea and horrible gas cramps Wednesday night. She was still crampy yesterday. Today the teacher told me that hand, foot, and mouth disease is going around and it has a two week incubation period. Just what we need over here. Sigh.

I will now look for a prescription hardcopy that was called into the wrong place so that Magpie can continue to get her formula. And then I will read.

2 comments:

  1. Maude,

    I'm an idiot. For some reason, I thought you weren't blogging anymore. So when I went back to blogging, I didn't tell you or come over here or anything, when all this time I could've been reading about your adventures. I too am blogging again -- moving and going up for tenure at the same time! Woohoo!

    Love that I have some back reading to catch up on! Not as good as sitting down with you, of course, and kicking back some fancy pants martinis, but still.

    EE

    ReplyDelete
  2. EE! I'm so happy to hear from you! I'll have to go check out the blog now. Good luck with everything. Ahh, fancy pants martinis...

    ReplyDelete