Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The poor Magpie did get the hand, foot, and mouth disease that was going around the daycare. This kid. She is so freaking miserable. The pediatrician said that it might get worse before it gets better, and I think we've gotten to the worse before better part. She seemed to be doing better, but the last couple of days, I don't know. She eats just fine, mostly. But really the last 12 hours, she hasn't wanted to drink very much, and she's been extraordinarily cranky. I think she might be mildly dehydrated. So I've got to see if I can make her throat feel better and get her to drink some water and some pedialtye. The complicating factor is that we're out of town. Sigh. I'm just worried about the little bit.

And we're still out of town until Labor Day. I feel so bad for this poor kid. She is not adjusting well to daycare. She's having a tough time not being in her bed, not being in her environment. Daycare has caused some major separation anxiety in her, too. When I leave or put her down in a room, she starts crying. This is all so new. Put hand, foot, and mouth disease on top of that, and well, it's been a long four and a half days so far. And she misses her father lots. Ugh.

But she's been putting puffs in her mouth on her own!


No comments:

Post a Comment