Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Grrr.

1. I turned in my "activity" survey for the quarter in the same format and in the same way I've been doing it for the last 2-3 quarters. This quarter, it's wrong. Time taken out to fix something (albeit small, but the stress of the "I need to see you about something..." then waiting four hours after I reply takes its toll as well as I'm frantically checking my email every 5 minutes) that could be spent on something else.

2. Boss: I need a quick write up of the honor society trip. Nothing big, just a few sentences. And if you have a picture of the seven of you together, that would be great.

I submit a write up and submit a picture.

Boss: Well, that's a cute picture, but not exactly the kind of picture I was looking for. I need this type of photo (that I don't have). Also, do you have a picture of X, and could you describe X, and could you also go around and get some quotes from the other professors about the students' work for me.

Um, am I writing a fucking article for the paper now? I don't remember the press release, still on the bulletin board from last year being that detailed. Oh, right, I was the one in charge of the trip this year, not Prince Wonderful Colleague Who is Perfect, so my standards are higher. And the demands are greater. And the stakes now are apparently higher.

SMH. Like I have time for that.

I'm going to quote myself about the students' work.

Oh, in meeting her personally, she said she wanted a quote from me. That's not what the email stated.

SMH.

1 comment: