Monday, October 19, 2015

I thought I was further along in this article than I am: only 4983 words. That's not a whole lot to show for as long as I've been working on this thing I think--and that's counting the conference paper as well.

I got close to 400 words already this morning. I woke up with a headache, did some pleasure reading until the headache went away, showered, and then sat down to try to work through some stuff (yeah, I got up at 5:20 am or so).

I think I'm at the point to where I need to try to start putting the article together, to organize my notes and see what kind of shape I'm actually in here. At least I got some stuff written this morning so that when I get to my office, I can focus on the grading I need to do. Then I'll come home, run, shower, print everything out, and yes, I know I said I wasn't going to do any more "tidying," but I am. I have to. What needs to be started on next is in the back of my brain and I can't focus on anything until I start trying to make headway on that business. And since I already worked on my article this morning, that will be my "reward" for doing so. Also, the food for the week is prepped, so all I have to do is cook it, which is a nice thing to have done. I had a busy day yesterday in terms of food prep and laundry, though I didn't get anything done for the article, but I took care of a bunch of other things. 

That being said, I'm going to start working on the breakfasts and lunches for the day, and then it's off to campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment