Friday, May 20, 2016

And now I'm bitter and pissed the fuck off.

Sixty-nine other students figured out when their exam was. One didn't. Now I'm back on campus.

I gave them the option of taking it today, at 11 when it was scheduled. Or they could have taken it Wednesday at 11. Or if they wanted to take it Wednesday still but wanted a few extra hours, they could take it with the 2 pm class. At no time did I ever mention 2 pm on Friday. No one else apparently understood that as an option either.

Here's what I think happened. I posted Stu's grade of an F because no exam. Stu thought she'd still pass. Now I get a call from my boss--"why did she think that? It must have been something you said. And it's not a good idea to give the test two days."

Me: "it's clear from the students' grades today that they didn't get help."

Long story short, I thought I was done. Nope. Now I'm back up here because I don't have tenure and can't tell my boss to tell the student tough luck because she didn't think she was going to fail the class.

Now I am no longer sad about the end of the year.

My entire afternoon has been shot. All of the shit I had to do this afternoon? Not getting done now. Fuck off stu.

No comments:

Post a Comment