Friday, May 6, 2016

I'm having one of those mornings where I am just having a hard time focusing.

I was all set to come in and do some work here, knock some stuff out, but some sort of stupid ass billing problem for the honor's society's t-shirts has wasted a ton of time and thrown everything off, and now I'm just bleh. I'm tired now. My body hurts. I want to just go home and take a nap. I'm jealous of everyone who's done already. I've got two weeks left. I'm in need of a haircut, a tan, and a total summer recharge.

With any luck (and man, I hate to say this), but with any luck we are not traveling this summer. I'm  traveled out. We will be going to my aunt's just a few hours away for the Magpie's birthday, but once I go to SF for ALA and then right to AR, I'm done. I don't want to leave my house. I've got too much research to do. I've got too much cleaning and culling of the things to do. I just don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to kennel the dog for weeks to travel. I know it sucks for the J's family, but they can come visit. I know it's difficult for them to, but it's expensive and somewhat difficult this summer for us to, too.

Am I being selfish?

I'm just so done. I don't want to share my summer with anyone but the hubs and the kid. That's it. I need now to do what I've been saying I was going to do for the last four years. Wow, that's a sad statement right there.

I just have things that I want to do; I have things that need to get done. I work all of June this summer and will have to work in the research during cybercamp. The J has his annual training almost all of July, so that leaves August for us to have any time together (and for me to finish up two major projects), and well, I just don't want to spend it in the car. I don't want to be rushed and hurried and stressed trying to finish my work. I don't know. Maybe I am being selfish, but if this work doesn't get done, then I'm basically out of a job.

Now I'm off to go teach.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, when do you actually go up for tenure? If you're going up in the fall, then you totally shouldn't go anywhere but just focus on research and that. Would the Hub's family understand that?

    Hang in. I have six more weeks. I'm full of hate. Sending you what good vibes I can muster.

    ReplyDelete