Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Accountablogging

After that last ranty blog post, I'm going to write something more positive.

I haven't touched the midterm exams yet today. It seems likely that I will not even look at them until tomorrow morning. I started them yesterday, but as my motivation is gone, as I seem to want to do nothing but write, I just have to say, "meh, how much could I have gotten done in 1.5 hours anyway?"

Okay, actually a lot, and perhaps in a few minutes I will look over some more for a half hour before class starts. At least I'm showing a film today, so that takes some pressure off there. Besides, I left my fork at home, so I can't eat my lunch, so at least I don't have to teach on an empty stomach.

March was a rocky month for my health and fitness goals. Actually, it was a piss poor month from which I'm still trying to recover. I seriously just imploded after seeing myself on t.v. Normally looking that bad would inspire me to get off my ass, but after starting to feel good about myself, after being able to start getting back into some of my smaller clothes, it was a blow to see myself looking that bad, or rather what I perceived as bad. I really was struggling with that. But over break, I have sorta started to snap out of it. I needed that break. I think I've already worked out more this week than I have in the last two weeks combined. I am feeling better for it, despite being angry/annoyed at a lot of things, and despite having lost all motivation at this point. For some reason, getting actual work done during my MWF office hours is like an uphill battle. And I think it's because I know that I plan on grading for about 3.5 hours tomorrow--while the students are taking their midterm and then during office hours. And maybe Friday will be a bit better if I can get started right away on the Freshman essays. In theory, I could almost be done with the midterms, but I just can't get going.

All right, you know what? I will get going. I'll post back in a half hour what I did.

ETA: 30 minutes later I got through 8 midterms. It helped that one was fantastic and two were only half done. But still, I did 8. I can feel better about that and not have to work on them tonight now. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment