Saturday, April 14, 2012

RBOC: Feeling Pretty Not Bad Edition!

Headachey and crampy this morning. But that's all the negativity I have for you.

Here are some good things from the remainder of the week:
  • Graded every single last bit of the midterms--take home and in-class. This involved spending the whole of yesterday afternoon grading (the husband was doing some extra credit for his psych class, so I was home alone anyway), but I pushed through because the thought of having to do it this weekend was even more aggravating than spending a Friday afternoon grading.
  • Even though I said I wasn't going to grade at home, this is only the second time this quarter that I've graded work at home. 
  • Not only did I get the midterms graded (about 62 take home and 68 in-class--yes, like six people took the in class one but didn't bother to turn in the take home one), but I got all the grades for the quarter thus far calculated and entered into the spreadsheet. Voila'! I'm halfway to finals!
  • Since I graded all the midterm stuff, I decided that I'm not even going to look at the freshman essays. Those are being reserved for office hours. I picked them up yesterday. They can have them back Friday. They're final drafts anyway, and they're not revisable, so there's no time crunch here for those. 
  • Last night I went to a "dinner theatre" dinner party. The host wrote a play. The host had a notable director in from a foreign country. A group of us were selected to read through the play--the play's very first read through. It was a very very lovely night. I really very much enjoyed it.
  • I may finally be back on track with my health/fitness goals. Although it's hard to feel like one is making progress when one is so bloated one looks 3 mos. pregnant. Seriously. Last night when I showed my husband my distended belly, he involuntarily burst out laughing and exclaimed "holy crap!" We were pissed that April Fool's had already passed since our families are both clammering for us to have kids, that my bloat is so bad that it seriously would have made some horribly mean April Fool's bump pictures seem totally real. Like it's THAT bad. Thankfully I have nothing planned this weekend.
  • Oh, yes, Health and Fitness. I'm forgoing my measurements until next week after the bloat leaves and the "lady time" is over. But I did have some good days this week! I keep a calendar on the fridge where I record my workouts and then cross off the days to keep me honest, so I can actually see the workouts I've accomplished. And this week has a row of Xs! It looks so pretty! It really helps. Especially on the days when I want to really punk out. I look at all the Xs and think, "oh man, I don't want to break that row until the rest day. Crap." And then I usually work out and feel better for it. But there's the other great thing about this week--I worked out twice this week in the morning before class! Over the four day break, three of the four days I worked out before I started to do anything else. Well, okay, after I journaled and had a couple of cups of coffee. But I was usually done by about 10 or so. And I did that for three days. I loved it! So on Tuesday by the time it was 11 am and I hadn't worked out yet, I started to get really grumpy again. So Wednesday morning I worked out and wasn't grumpy! Then Thursday I was grumpy again until I worked out. Yesterday morning, two workouts before class, and then I got all that grading done in the afternoon! It was a miracle. Next week I'm going to keep working on that. It's so much better for me when I can do that. And I was in such a good mood when I got to campus. And each day I get a to the work out a little bit earlier. Each day I need a little less wake up time, so eventually I think I might be able to get all the workouts in MWF mornings and 2/3 of them in on TR mornings.
  •  It is frustrating because my body hasn't caught up with my fitness. I've replaced a lot of fat with muscle, but the scale is moving painfully slow. But I feel so good, so I have to remember that it will eventually start melting off at some point as I keep cleaning up my diet. There are things I really really need to cut back on or eliminate almost completely because they are the reasons the "lady time" is so particularly awful.
  • Saturdays will be my rest day for the work outs. That way I can focus on reading, prepping, and cleaning so that Saturday evenings and Sundays can be enjoyable. :)
  • This morning I'm going to read for a little bit of pleasure first. Enjoy my coffee while I do so. Then I'll prep for the week and then clean. That's it. That's my Saturday. And even with the cleaning, it sounds like a fine Saturday to me!
  • It feels so good not to be angry three days in a row! I think much of that then the last couple of weeks is due to both depression and raging out of whack hormones obviously. Oddly, this makes me feel better. I was afraid it was something like serious depression. Although PMS is a bitch, at least this round is over. 
  • Now, to enjoy this beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. So much accomplished AND a happy feeling...yay!

    (And the not grading at home idea is brilliant. May have to try that...)

    ReplyDelete