Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ahhh, breathe...

Meh, yesterday I said I was going to grade for an hour today--sucka! No! I finished up everything that came in during my office hours yesterday before I left for the day. I will have to tinker at some point with the article I think today, but I've got cleaning and food prep to do. In any case, since I don't have to go to campus tomorrow (yay!), the plan now is to get up, work out, write/work on article for 30-60 minutes, grade what comes in today and tomorrow for an hour or two, and be finished with work by noon, and then enjoy the rest of the day. I'm supposed to go see this with a friend, so that will be fun.

Anyway, on the agenda for today is a cookout with a colleague-friend and cleaning up the place a little bit more (we did some yesterday). I will also work out. That's it. That's the whole plan for the day.

Because I have the remainder of the summer bills taken care of now, I can get the books I want! Yay! It may even mean that I can, if I meet my weight goal by the end of the summer, get some new school clothes (for the first time in a couple of years), and maybe some new glasses. I can't go crazy here because I need to try to pay off a couple of bills, but we have some breathing room right now which feels good. I'm hoping that the alleviation of the financial stress will alleviate some stress in general which will help with the weight loss goals here. I am still moving at a snail's pace. Actually, I think it's fair to say that I've plateaued. And after seven months of adjustments, making health and fitness changes and the like, a plateau is NOT where I want to be, especially since I've averaged only about 1/2 pound a week since the beginning of the year. Yes, I know slow and steady wins the race, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Anyway, since our "diet," that is diet in the broadest sense of the word, food intake, is pretty clean as it is, we're going to make it squeaky clean for a month and do this thing here. The husband is on board which is super cool. And we're pretty much there, we just have some bad habits to break. I really really really want to break the sugar habit here, and I think cutting out the wine for a month is going to speed up some weight loss here just with the initial calorie deficit. So we'll see. It's going to be tough, especially the first two weeks, but oh well. If you're interested, you can read about it over here. The husband may be making guest appearances as well, so we'll see. But I don't want to bore anyone over here with this, so if you're interested, there it is.

I'm hoping that this will help me get a little bit closer to where I want to be by the end of summer because I do want to go shopping and get some new stuff because I think it's time to "re-invent" myself, my look. I haven't done that in a REALLY long time, like made a totally dramatic change, all over, full body, and I feel it's time. Especially since I've been hanging on to this weight for 7 years now. It's starting to go, it's starting to shape up, but I feel that it's time for a real change, you know?

I can't wait to truly be officially done with this article and the grading. I'm so ready to start on my next project that it's driving me nuts here! 

Well, I'm going to go enjoy my day with some reading and then my work out, and it looks like it will be beautiful and hot here today, so I can't wait! Happy 4th everyone! Enjoy your day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment