Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Almost Done!

Once again, the end is near! Like today is the last day that I need to return to campus! Well, I might have to sally forth up there one day next week to turn in an incomplete form, but other than that?! I'm FREE! I go up there today to meet with students who may need it (revisions are due tomorrow on-line and I gave a couple of them extensions on the essay due today because they need it, badly, and while they should have met with me last week, at least one has seemed to take to heart what I told her yesterday, so we shall see...).

Anyway, Oh Happy Joyous Wonderful Day!!

So today I'll grade as much as I can for about 3 hours, depending on how many students show up to see me at the last minute. Of course, you know I sat in my office all last week with little to do and no one came to see me then. So we'll see. But at 11:30, I'm done for the day.

Here's the plan for the rest of the week:

Work for 30-60 on the article tomorrow morning (I got a stay of execution--well, I set the July 1 deadline, not the editor. He actually doesn't need it until July 31, but I want this baby done, but it's good to know that I have time to play with now).

Grade for 60 minutes.

Thursday--work on article 30-60 minutes, grade for 60 minutes. And honestly, I'm hoping by Thursday that I'm finished with the grading. But we'll see. I'll just repeat that pattern on Friday if needed and then on Monday if needed.

While the grading does indeed need to get done, I'm not going to kill myself grading since this is the husband's week off, too (he starts class for summer on Monday), so I do want to hang out with him.
We also need to get his desk in working order and we need to clean the house up a bit here, too.

I'm starting to stress a little bit about money here because I thought I had everything under control, but as I'm working on bills, I don't know how we're going to cover the month of September. I'm really sweating that right now. Like really sweating it. I'm going to have to get creative here I think. Sigh. I can't think about that right now.

Anyway, we have lots to do this week! But I'm glad the husband is home because some of the stuff around here then will get done much faster, so maybe by Monday we'll be sitting pretty here.

I so hope I can plow through as many drafts as possible this morning. It'd be great if I could get all of essay 3s done this morning. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

ETA: The money stress may be over. Yay! I might could breathe, work, and relax now for the summer and get some shit done!

ETA: Yay! I've gotten all the essays submitted up to this point graded! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment