Monday, July 2, 2012

Writing Blues

I'm struggling with this damn pedagogy article that is supposed to be due today. I'm actually in my office waaaaaaay early to be working on it, but the truth is, I will have an hour in class while the stu's are working on their essays and then roughly another office hour after class to keep working.

Right now, the article makes my students sound like dullards, and I sound like an asshole.

So I will work on it for another 90-120 minutes today. Then I will email the editor (who I know, and I'm actually the one that set the July 1 deadline, not him), and ask for another couple of days. I think with maybe another week, like say until Friday, I can get this straightened out. But right now it's still just such a mess that it's causing some writer's block.

Wish me luck. I don't want to take too much longer with it because I need to get started on other things pronto. And I don't want this bad boy hanging over my head.

3 comments:

  1. Is this comp pedagogy or for in your field? You should send me an email about what it's about --- sometimes I find that drafting up something very informal for a friend helps me get my ideas together in a less-intimidating way than the "official" page.

    And congrats on being almost done with the summer class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's for my field. I've got a full and complete draft of it right now. I had set the July 1 deadline, but the editor doesn't need it until July 31, so I have a stay of execution as it were, although I have no intention of spending another month on it. However, if I can't pull it together this weekend, then if you're up for it, I might send it your way. It's a short short article--seven pages. And the pedagogy pieces for this journal tend to be more on the informal side, and I think that's what I'm struggling with--I'm not used to writing casually about anything that I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure thing --- I'd love to see it! Lemme know. And have a good Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete