Friday, December 14, 2012

Some Much Needed Rest

First of all, thank you Heu Mihi, Sisyphus, Anastasia, and Jane B for your comments on the last couple of posts. The reassurance is helpful, quite indeed, and you tell me the things I need to hear.

I am feeling a bit better today. I slept in. I should have set my alarm for even later rather than hitting the snooze three times, but still. I actually stayed in bed until almost 7 rather than getting up at 5 to read and try to get ahead. I will need to go to campus before class today so that I can skim what I'm teaching--I didn't bring my book home Wednesday night. And I didn't get as far ahead yesterday on James as I wanted to, but I will say this, the day off did me a whole helluva lotta good, so I'm glad that I took it, and I'm glad that I used it to get some reading done and to relax. I thought about cleaning, but that would have worn me out, thus defeating the whole purpose of relaxing. With any luck, I will continue to feel good this afternoon, and I can start on the cleaning when I get home so I don't have to spend all day before my party tomorrow cleaning.

And probably in poor taste, as it's probably never a good idea to email one's boss for a special schedule when one is taking a sick, I did anyway.   The thing that has bothered me so much this year is that, unlike last year, I've not written a single word in terms of my scholarship or anything of the like. I've not even read anything related to research except the first week of Fall quarter classes when I had the abstract due. And that was the last bit of writing I've done. I blame my schedule. And I hate to sound like a whiner, but I want my TR back for myself and my writing.  I am really really really missing that aspect of my career right now. And perhaps that's just adding to my overall crankiness and the like.

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks, the last week of the first trimester, and what I hope is the beginning of the end of all this nausea, although I know that many women don't feel relief until between 15-20 weeks, and my poor cousin was sick and puking every day until the day she gave birth. Man I hope that's not my fate. But it seems that every day brings with it something new, so I won't hold my breath. I've narrowed down the headache issue though to chocolate. Not just all chocolate, but dark chocolate bars specifically, so goodbye wonderful dark chocolate for now.

I guess that's all I have for now. I should walk the mutts and then get to campus so I can prep a bit for today's classes and hopefully continue to have a pretty good day.


1 comment:

  1. here's hoping you have a much better day and a more humane schedule next quarter

    ReplyDelete