Friday, December 7, 2012

Various and Sundry Things...

This week has been a mixed bag. I don't like starting the quarter off so, but I think I'll eventually recover.

Monday was the first day since I've been pregnant that I actually missed work due to something pregnancy related. I was so so very sick. I know, everyone tells me that it will eventually get better, but I feel like my morning sickness gets worse, though it's hard to judge with the medicine. And I have eaten more rice this week than I have in the last year. And I've eaten more bananas this week than I have in the last two months I think. And this is the first full week of the quarter and I missed Monday. I've been floundering in all three classes already, and I hate to begin the quarter feeling this way. Right now, I'm just hanging on until Christmas break.

I also do not like it when I'm sick because it interferes with my working out. I've had to drop down to 4-5 days a week as it is, but weeks like this when I'm really sick, it's more like three days a week. And we all know that I feel better when I work out.

Yesterday was my best day so far this week. It also happened to be my birthday, so it was nice of the little Magpie not to cause me difficulty. Rather s/he waited until my bday was officially over, and at about 1:30 am, I bolted to the bathroom because I thought dinner was about to make an encore (TMI? I'm sorry; I'm trying to be delicate). My nighttime medicine makes me sleepy (hence taking it at night), so another dose at 1:30 am left me unfit to work out at 6 am, sadly. But, this is the second time this has happened after eating at this particular restaurant. We thought last time it was because I ate fried jalapeno poppers and some crab rangoon. We thought it was the fried rich stuff I just don't eat at all. Last night I ate exactly what I ordered last time, minus the fried food and still, BAM! Kerpow! The early morning rolled around and I felt like I was in Alien. So this morning sort of sucks.

However, my birthday was WONDERFUL! The husband took a half day for me, so we went to the movies and saw this, which was absolutely, positively AMAZING! We were expecting it to be good, but holy cow, we were totally blown away by it (man, there's a pun in there somewhere). So that was great. Then we went out to eat. And then we came home and I opened my presents. I got a Thor ornament (from the Magpie), a stuffed animal (I love those beanie baby big eyed larger animals--I know, I know. But the mutts gave me that). And then the J gave me a Happy gift set because I love that perfume, and the Play Station Move pack and Just Dance 4 because I've been pining for that since the summer. And then we watched this, which is one of my all time favorite movies, and which my sis gave me for my bday last year. And the J gave me this really sappy card that made me cry, and then he started to tear up so then I cried more, and it was all so very sweet and lovely. It was a great birthday. Probably one of the best ones I've ever had.

Next weekend is my actual birthday party. There's too much to do around here to have gotten anything ready for a party tomorrow. Plus there's another party tomorrow night--one of the history profs has a holiday cocktail party, at which cocktail attire is required, but a black dress will have to do. I can't be buying no maternity cocktail dress for an event at which I will probably only spend two hours.

Hmmmm, it seems as if there was something else I wanted to mention. Oh well.

I have a ton of stuff to do between now and Friday. At least I don't have class until 11 today, and Fridays are my teaching only days, so it's as close to a three day weekend as I can get.

Really, if I can just make it to Christmas/Winter/Whatever Break, then I'll be good.

Man, and I haven't even thought about the stuff I need to be writing for myself! At some point I've got to focus on that.

Here's to a happy and productive weekend for you all! And for those of you finishing up your semesters, I am indeed jealous of you!!

3 comments:

  1. Teaching during my first trimester suuuuucked (and I didn't even have morning sickness--just food aversions and constant exhaustion). It'll pass. And hopefully the sickness will, too!

    Congratulations on the pregnancy, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heu! I hope you and little Bonaventure are doing well!

    I'm hoping the sickness passes. The aversions and cravings are messing me up, too, about as much as the nausea is. But I try to take advantage of my good days. I am looking forward though to that second trimester energy bump though that I keep hearing and reading about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt so much better in the 2nd & 3rd trimesters. It'll happen--hang in there! (And I really liked being visibly pregnant, so, if you're like me, that's another plus.)

    ReplyDelete