Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I'm going to continue my bitch fest over here. I think we're all ready for a break.

I'm not caught up on grading or reading for tomorrow. I refuse to spend any time at home over the next few days grading either. The J and I have a date Friday while the Magpie is in daycare, and we are very much looking forward to it. We are going to workout together after we drop off the babes, then have lunch, then go to a movie, and we may still have an hour before we have to pick up Mags after that!

I'm just done with this week and with this quarter. I know, it's terrible to say. I'm more looking forward to the stuff I'm teaching next quarter. I'm looking forward to break. And I'm aching to work on my own stuff.

As I think I posted yesterday, I realized that I have all of this wasted time about which I'm horribly resentful. I waste so much time. Like I don't even know where it goes. I need to take like a week to document what I do and when so I can find ways to eliminate this waste.

I think I said yesterday that I'm hoping that I can work on that next week when the parents are gone. Shoot, I may even be able to this weekend. It's been such a long 24 hours that I can't even remember what I wrote yesterday and I'm too lazy to go look it up.

Here are some other disjointed thoughts because that's where I am right now?


  • So this weekend I cleaned my room and my closet (hence my being extremely behind). My closet looks so good for the first time since we've lived in our place. I keep walking into it to look at it it looks so good. And I can hang up my clothes and get them out without tripping over things or kicking things out of the way. It's lovely.



  • I'm thankful that my mom went to the grocery store for me today so we have food for a week. She's not feeling well because her arm is swollen from getting the flu shot and then working out hard so her lymph nodes are working overtime. That was nice of her to do when she's not feeling well at all. 


  • The kid is just growing impossibly fast. She eats so much! She ate more for breakfast this morning than I did. She seems to be hungry all the time, and I can't seem to get enough food into her. Of course, we don't have words yet so she can't tell me she wants food. (I wasn't very good with the sign language thing). But last night and this morning she shoveled the food in my the handful, both of them! I felt so bad. So obviously, she needs more food. 


  • While I do mourn the loss of her babyhood and the development into toddlerhood, I am oddly not that sad about not having to make her food anymore and feeding her what we cook for ourselves. It's so much easier.


  • I think I just hate Fall quarter. I used to enjoy it as a time of starting over. Not anymore. It just seems like an extension of a stressful and crappy summer and a stressful year. I'm more looking forward to Winter Quarter. I just feel stale and stuck, you know? 
  • I am incredibly anxious to get back to my research which I suppose means that I am ready to make it a priority, finally. 
  • I think the problem with this fall, and the same problem that I had last fall, last winter, and last spring, is that I just never found my groove. I started off stressed and behind; my courses weren't set up; I did, and am doing, every thing last minute, still, so like I've been complaining about since the beginning, I've just not found my groove. And then it stresses me out even more that I haven't. I want a groove. I need a groove. And the groove eludes me. 
  • My halloween costume this year involves wearing pajamas. I'm beyond excited for this. 
  • I have a student right now who is going to spend an inordinate amount of time on the midterm so he can spend time with me. He's a former student's boyfriend. He kinda creeps me out. And I think he thinks I'm going to give him hints or pointers on the exam. Or perhaps I'm just being a real jerk right now and he really is struggling, but probably not as much as it appears.
  • I have an intense desire to be organized and clean out clutter, everywhere, right now. I think this is a good desire. It is probably in part to avoid grading and class prep, but I tell you what, since I cleaned my room and closet, I feel so much more relaxed in my bedroom. I sleep better! Plus, Mags is so close to walking that as soon as she gets her legs under control, she's going to make a beeline for anything within her reach and that means stuff needs to be out of her reach. 
I suppose that's all I need to complain about. I guess I needed to declutter my head, too. So if you made it this far through the post, then I thank you for reading all of the way through and enjoy the remainder of you day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment