Wednesday, October 15, 2014

So I've yet to actually get to the research part of my life since the parents left; however, the house has not imploded; I've managed to get dinner on the table every night, and the kitchen has been cleaned and dishes put away every night as well. We've not ordered pizza once. Yes, lots of leftovers and easy things, but all is well. And we've not been without a few curveballs either. Magpie's cold turned into yet another double ear infection, so we had a weekend of a toddler not napping and requiring lots of attention. I was super sick on Sunday as well, and the J was gone for the morning to run a half marathon and was sore and tired himself as well. Monday saw a doctor's appointment and a tornado, an unnapped toddler, and no access to the school's server so I couldn't even finish up my grading at home. Oh, and the internet in my office has mysterious been cut, so I can't get the grading done there. I'm behind in just about everything.

I am, however, oddly more relaxed right now than I have been this whole quarter. I have some anxiety this morning because Swee'Pea will be at daycare until 4, and that's the longest she's been there thus far. It was all I could do not to cry. I'd like to keep her home Friday just to hang out, but the J has drill this weekend, so I won't get anything done this weekend, and grocery shopping and food prep needs to happen on Friday then.

I really think that the J and Magpie and I just needed some time alone. I had to cancel classes yesterday because Swee'Pea threw up her breakfast and so under the weather with the ear infection. So I stayed home all day with her; didn't get a lick of work done, and while that would have been nice, what was even nicer is that she totally had a great sick day. It was clear that she enjoyed having me all to herself without the grandparents here. And the same thing happened on Sunday and Monday when she had her alone time with the J. We didn't rush this morning (in fact, I still haven't showered or gotten ready yet, and the kitchen is horrendous from breakfast), but still made it out the door on time (if my mom were here though, she would have stayed home again today). I know she would have rather stayed home in her pjs, but this morning after breakfast we read some books, played on the floor, there weren't three people running around trying to get ready, there was no tv, and things were just calm and lovely.

This morning I got up with the J (well, about a half hour afterwards) and got to work for about an hour. I had some stuff to read for tomorrow, not done, but it was good for me to do so.

I'm thinking about readjusting my work/research at home schedule and my workout schedule so that I can get more done or make better use of my time. And this is my last week of barbell club, so I'll be able to give the schedule a "test drive" next week and we'll see what happens.

I guess that being said, I need to get my stuff together now and get ready for work. And just for shiggles, here's today's goals during office hours:

  • Finish grading take home exams
  • Grade in class exams for both classes
  • Grade lit analyses for both classes
And then tonight:
  • Finish reading for tomorrow during Royals game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment