Thursday, October 16, 2014

Still battling some sort of sinus problem here. It's getting ugly again.

I've been sorta phoning it in this week in class. Movie in three of my four days of classes, and one canceled day of class.

My canceled day--an amazing lovely wonderful day with the Magpie. She seems to be feeling much better. And we've had some wonderful alone time during the mornings.

I may have hit on a workable rhythm here for myself. Some things I've learned already this week on my own:


  • Until I get my tenure stuff secured, I may have to be content now, when the parents aren't here, of only getting my workouts in MWFS. And I may have to give up my 7:30 class on MWF and go to the 9 am after I drop off Magpie rather than bringing her with me. This may change next quarter or after the first of the year, but I will try this next week.
  • I'm too exhausted in the evening to get any work done. There's no point in my trying. If I leave stuff to get done in the evening, it's not going to happen. But, if I get up early before the kid, I can get 1-1.5 hours of my own work done before baby girl gets up. It's just better for me to make a cup of coffee and sit in bed and read and take notes. I'm just gassed at the end of the day, and it's the only time I have alone with the J.
  • If I can get a handle on my work and keep up, then I can get all the prep, reading, and grading I need to do during my office hours--or most of it anyway. There's still time at night to read if I want--sometimes the J likes to read before bed, but if I'm forced to have to do work at night, then I end up more tired and cranky and very behind. And even 7-10 hours a week toward the book and article will go a long way. 
So there we go. I'm glad I have tomorrow off. Even though I'd like for Fridays to be my research day, but since the J has drill this weekend, tomorrow I've got to get to the grocery and get the food for the week prepped. 

And now I think I will enjoy the rest of the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment