Monday, February 15, 2016

A tired rant

I'm in a bit of a grumpy mood this morning. I'm on night three of less than seven hours of sleep and it has made me foul. Plus, my family isn't helping by pointing out that I'm being grouchy and it's aggravating everyone.

I'm resentful because pretty much from this point on, until the end of spring quarter, I've had to relinquish taking the Magpie to daycare and that is now the job of my mom and the J. And I am angry about it. Not because they aren't capable. I'm angry at my boss for taking that responsibility away from me because of the schedule she has given me based on my parents being in town. When I think about it, I get mad.

Also, my spidey sense is up too because, and I hate to be a negative Nancy here, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. There's just that feeling in the air. Maybe it's the lack of sleep, maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe it's nothing.

I also don't want to have to wait until Wednesday to go to the doctor, and I assume this is blood work that will be sent off, so it just means waiting.

I am anxious for this quarter to be over. I hate feeling this way! It's so unproductive. I just feel so mean right now. I can tell even too that my face looks mean. My face feels awful. I'm glad today is just office hours because I'm not in the mood to teach. And I'm so mad that I didn't get to go to dropoff with Magpie. It sucks!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. I needed to get this off of my chest so I can sit and concentrate on the reading I have to do today for tomorrow.

I am trying to put a positive spin on the schedule I have for the spring. I'm not happy about it, at all, to say the least, but in theory, I should be able to get all my work and prep for my classes done on the three days I'm there for forever which would leave the weekend days open to hang out with the fam and the work I do in the mornings can be just *my* work, and it should free up TR for just *my* work. Until then, I'll put on a smile and pretend to be pleasant so as to not make anyone uncomfortable with my surliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment