Monday, February 22, 2016

Doing stuff, like for real, for like the first time in months!

I feel I was somewhat productive this weekend, bursting with energy actually, which has me a bit tired today. However, as loathe as I was perhaps even a few days ago about the idea of getting up to make a 5am workout class, I think, honestly, it might be the best thing for me. Usually I'm up at that time working/reading whatever, and what I've found, since I've actually be a bit more aware and had some clarity this past week since I've been taking the antidepressants, is that it makes my mornings rushed, believe it or not. I use that time to lay around, have my coffee, leisurely read in bed until the kid wakes up, and then it's just non-stop, and I'm usually not ready. So maybe it might actually be better for me to use that time to work out, come home and get ready before the kid gets up, and then the morning may go more smoothly, and then when I get to my office hours I won't feel so frazzled and might actually be more productive? I don't know. This seems to be where I'm heading, which perhaps is a bit more like my older self.

I will say that I'm starting to feel more like "me" more consistently again, which is nice. I like me actually. I was not liking the me that I was becoming at all. I feel like I'm a bit more patient with the kid. Not all the time, but more often than not these last few days. I exercised over the weekend! That's the first time that's happened in weeks? Months? I had fun with the kid. I got work done. I even, GASP, worked on my article for the first time in months! And had some clarity about it. I think it may actually get done, soon! Or drafted at least which is what I mean by done.

I won't lie. I'm tired today. My body aches. I think it's in part the rain, but I've already gotten a lot of tedious things done this morning for the last week of classes. I'm hopeful that by the end of the week I will have all of next quarter's classes set up as well, so that will be done.

Truth be told, this is the happiest I've ever been about being on anti-depressants. I so wish I would have gone to the doctor months ago. I would have had so much done already. And I wouldn't have gained all this weight and could have avoided some unpleasant meetings with my boss. Oh well. What's done is done. I am at least on the path to taking care of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment