Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I have found that in my current state and given how far behind I am in my classes (regarding grading), I hate to admit that I'm being a very generous grader. I wouldn't call my grades inflated really (and maybe they are this quarter, but whatever), but here's why. My boss has created so much stress for me right now that I can neither deal with grade hagglers nor can I have them going to her office to complain. Any little negative thing and it's just a ding against me, especially with the online class.

I suppose I will have happy students. And perhaps I'm not serving them as well as I should be, but I seriously blame my boss for making my life so shitty right now that I'm in full survival mode with my classes. I just have to get through and get through decently and get good reviews.

That makes me feel like a giant ass loser, to be honest, to have to think this way. And I'm trying to be great at my job, but how can one be great amidst hostilities? I'm trying. I won't let my students suffer. Rather, I like to think that their self confidence is getting a nudge that many of them might need right now. They seem depressed anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment